Thursday 28 February 2013

February Rudolph Day


Continuing my theme of 'use it up' I found this really old Kanban kit in a drawer when I was having a bit of a tidy up (and I'm talking circa 2009, so not just old but really old!).

There are a couple of reasons I haven't used it previously - for one it's just too lovely to use and send and secondly it came with some really strange spacer things that made no sense (and the 20+ reviews on QVC at the time confirmed it wasn't just me).  Anyhow, today I bit the bullet and just went my own way with it.  I decoupaged some elements onto the A5 pre-printed card blank that came in the kit and then used the remaining layers to create and 5.5 inch square card.  Got another 9 nine sheets to use but I shall crack on with them and get it all used up.

I'm entering this in Stamping For Pleasure's February Rudolph challenge and, as usual, I've made it by the skin of my teeth!

2 comments:

Sarn said...

Hi Loobs . . . I simply CANNOT believe you've left this kit alone for all that time! You're right of course . . . it's absolutely GORGEOUS . . . Congrats on finally doing something with it, and for entering this lovely card into Rudolph Day.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

scrappymo! said...

Gorgeous card. This kit is so lovely...no wonder you didn't want to cut it up!

The city scene must look so wonderful IRL...I an just imagine all the 3D layers!