Wednesday 1 January 2014

Happy New Year - First Card For 2014


Happy new year to all who pop by - I hope 2014 brings you health and happiness (no use wishing for wealth as I don't think any crafters will ever be rich!).

As usual my first card of the year is for my dear friend Chris who celebrates her birthday on New Years Day.  I always make a point of remembering her birthday (and she always remembers mine) because we are both New Year babies (I'm New Years Eve) and often get overlooked.

This 8x8 card was made using the largest topper on a sheet from Lily of the Valley.  I found the sheet in a bag with some Christmas toppers that I remember buying from Ally Pally.  As I haven't been for at least 2 years (maybe even 3) you can see how long they've been unloved.  I embossed some Centura Pearl cardstock (a lovely cafĂ© au lait colour) with the Cuttlebug Swirls embossing folder and matted the topper onto dark brown adorable scoreable cardstock.  Very bravely I stamped the greeting directly onto the card blank using SU Chocolate Chip ink.  Very pleased with this one!

1 comment:

Sarn said...

LOVELY card Loobs. Cute image and nice CAS design.

Hugs, Sarn xxx